California State University Summer Arts
Drew Cameron for the first section of the course Papermaking and Artist Books and
Lesley Dill http://www.lesleydill.net/
more information and how to apply:
Course Coordinator Michelle Rozic
July 2 to July 15, 2018
April 30, 2018
- Learn to make handmade paper and explore concept development, language, and symbols as you transform the paper into an artist book.
- Learn rag papermaking, from cutting rags and beating fiber in a Hollander beater, to rendering pulp and forming sheets.
- See your drawings, photographs, or computer-generated imagery imbedded in paper through creating custom stencils to pulp print imagery directly into the paper as the sheets are formed.
- Explore paper manipulation techniques such as staining, cutting, and sewing, as you add to and alter your handmade paper.
- Learn handmade artist book-binding techniques as you assemble your handmade paper into books.
- Investigate concept development, including sequencing, combining image and text, and symbolism, through class discussions and individual critiques.
- Display your work in a public student showcase exhibition.
Full Course Listing for CSU Summer Arts 2018: